At a time when most people use information and communication technologies in their everyday lives, surely, by a novel look at management issues, it is expecting that managers would not simply overlook the influential role of communication and information technologies. The widespread insertion of computers and their accessories into the official and administrative construction of organizations, and the expansion of the public approach of the managers to present information inside the area of the World Wide Web, even on the surface, is something that should be tactfully and with caution looked at. Moreover, the proper approaches must be designated and implemented in the existing platforms, so that the effective tools in the progression of the ICT indices within the organizations, either qualitatively or quantitatively put in to use at best.
Today, almost everyone has heard the famous phrase "information is power". In this theory, the basic idea grows from the point that an informed person or organization can better, faster, and more rationally conform to variable environmental conditions and make suitable predictions, also they can make correct decisions based on the received information. But in this way, it is worth noting that unreasonable economic costs on the organization must not be levied. Concerning the variety of scientific and technical expertise, it has to be said that the computer science and production processes as well as the distribution of information, have so much expanded and become complex that no one alone can have the necessary knowledge and expertise in every information and communication tools. Today, each organization, and above them, each industry in proportion with the economic, social, personal, and cultural situation of their society considers certain objectives about creating the platform of novel information and communication technology, and necessarily, not all industries have the same goals, either in design and exploitation or span and variety, they bear significant distinction. But naturally there are common goals which are:
- Developing a stable and competitive economy
- Upgrading technological management in industry and making benefits from electronic activities' advantages
- Executing an extensive network and infrastructure plan
- Enhancing the quality of IT services and promoting the standards of the automation industry while sustaining the human identity of personnel
- Enhancing the rate of personnel's presence in the decision-makings of expert layers rather than the manual and mechanical work that can be left to the machines
- Providing personnel to work in a technological context containing the systematic activity that transforms all working hours into on-line hours undertaken within the domain of the Internet of Things and telecommute
- Knowledge-based job community
- Presenting personal services without place and time restraints and ...
Additionally, the development of official, service, cultural, educational, commercial, technical, and professional facilities equally to all personnel, can represent another part of the growing organization's goals in the area of information and communication technology.
But what is pretty obvious in organizations and industries is the movement of several people to the world of technology and the provision of importing it to organizations, while another group, believing that the smart machine wants to take the place of humans, is still wandering around the paperwork. Not only this tremendous contradiction does not lead the organization to technology but also causes the cessation and drop of technical knowledge plus interest in technology in the organization. But where is the problem? The absence of specialized teams in organizations that can afford services with high-quality for the personnel at the proper time and place has caused organizations to be always involved in contract agreements to perform the primary task of the organization, which is unavoidably possible to be destructive for smart systems in the long term.
Brand-new information and communication technologies are surely introduced to an organization by expertise forces outside the organization. But more important than the introduction of technology is its preservation and advancement within the organization in the long period so that when an organization is affected by technology can receive maintenance and support services of 7 * 24 and willingly continues working with technology.
Kaveh South Kish Steel Company, regarding the advantage of novel industrial technologies and being targeted as the top three companies producing steel in Iran, holds pioneering notions in the realm of information and communication technology plus systems development. Besides, with the prospect of presenting better and more qualified services to customers and personnel, it employs the most advanced technologies in the area of electronic organization based on protected information and communication.
In this direction, through unifying expert and young staff, a managing department called ICT has been operating in Kaveh Steel Company and being constantly supported by Kaveh Steel senior management, this department has become the inseparable portion of the organizational construction of this company. Consequently, ICT management, based on the knowledge and technical ability of the enthusiastic and technoscientific youth of this area, has been capable of providing novel services for needs assessment, design, supply, and implementation of technological projects in the Kaveh Steel Complex south of Kish.
In this trend, by building software departments and expanding information systems, hardware, and maintenance, network and foundation as well as data center, information security, telecommunications plus radio communications, and in the field of updating the technical knowledge of personnel, we are contributing 7 * 24 services.
B. The area of network and infrastructure as well as data center
- Presenting novel achievements for upgrading network and data center
- Rendering the resources of preparation and supporting services that are allocated in the course of sustaining the ongoing software programs
- Launching the servers, the organization needs, accompanied by specific resources together with supporting it
- Comprehensive support, such as fixing possible server information issues, making back up, and lessening the risk of Data loss
- Upgrading local servers in order to optimize rendering services to the users
- Taking action in order to connect or disconnect existing computers as needed in the area and preparing the required preliminaries as well as doing the related adjustments which are compatible with present processes
- Resolving the problems of the users for utilizing network services throughout the industrial site and affairs associated with headquarters
- Holding physical security of the area of the server room, the traffic temperature and its accuracy, periodic support, and updating plus reducing the risk.
C. Area of Hardware
- Examining the hardware needs of the departments and recognizing as well as determining how to meet the needs by employing the available facilities and providing expert supervision for purchasing or placing an order
- Installing and launching hardware ordered by users and experts to use the designed software
- Contributing technical support services for sustaining and maintenance of equipment plus hardware accessories straightly from concentrated services or technical services outside the company
- Provision, installation, and support of all active and inactive equipment within the company
- Designing plus compiling a single workflow to prevent wasting the time of forces
- Preparing the labels of hardware as well as technical certificates for all systems and filing the documents in order to quick access
- Periodic service of the area of hardware based on the related process
- Troubleshooting the occurred problems of any system plus accessories and installing the operating system and drivers
D. Pursuing the contracts
- Participation in preparing and compiling the present contracts in various areas of information and communication technology according to the needs of the organization
- Supervising the correct execution of the contracts' provisions
E. Website and office automation
- Designing website for all sections of the field, considering the standards outlined by the technology management
- Updating web pages in respect of technology, coding plus security
- Posting the relevant news associated with the area of work and expected by the public to be on the site in order to increase technical knowledge
- Designing forms and including them in the site to decrease the direct visits of the client and making efforts to meet their needs and making a communication platform for the integrated management information system by setting up the website in order to communicate with customers, suppliers, and shareholders
- Monitoring and controlling the content of the pages with regard to the official hierarchy of the content rendered for the Website
- Overseeing the correct execution of the processes in office automation
- Educating and cooperation with users for the right office communication through office automation
- Making suitable backup of information
- Updating and fixing potential problems in office automation on the basis of calendar
- Presenting feedback to develop the use of office automation and respect for nature
- Decreasing the organizational expenses through office automation
- Participation in IT management educational programs
- Active participation in the IT management educational programs of the university
- Users case education and preparing the required educational pamphlets
- Providing the needed educations for users via the single website
G. Staff Affairs
- Transferring the decisions of IT management to the related field
- Transferring the ideas and requirements (based on the performance of the corresponded field) to IT management
- Regular participation in technology management sessions
- Responding on-time to the official correspondence
- On-time presentation of the necessary and relevant reports
- Regular assessment as well as evaluation of all IT related activities